Monday, August 16, 2010

Tasty Treats......

Last week my chef Duffy from Victory and I went out to Piccolo Restaurant. We were really in the need of getting out and finding some good grub and inspiration, and we found that at Piccolo. We decided off the bat that we would order everything on the menu. The meal started off a little slow (duck egg/ saltine/ asparagus, grape gaspacho/ lomo) and I wasnt sure what to expect and then whammo....mortadella agnolotti- are you kidding me. This was hands down one of the best dishes I have eaten in a long time. There were several others that were spectacular like the rabbit with pickled cherries/ artichoke/ country ham. It really turned out to be one of the best meals I have had in a long time. Dessert wasnt amazing compared to the earlier plates, but then again its hard to do desserts right when you compare anything to chef Dianne from Solera/ La Belle Vie. (Obviously I am a fan of her desserts)But none the less it truely was a amazing meal. Doug Flicker really is a great chef. We are fortunate to have such a restaurant in this town. Thanks Piccolo and we will see you again soon real soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment